Cocovít Coconut Oil Deodorant.
Homemade deodorants are both a healthier and cheaper alternative to store-bought brands. This Cocovít Coconut Oil Deodorant recipe is both inexpensive and completely customizable, but most importantly not loaded with toxic ingredients. Fortunately, this amazing recipe is prepared with 4 simple ingredients — Cocovít Coconut Oil, essential oils of your choice, baking soda and cornstarch.
The difference between deodorant and antiperspirant is that deodorant helps combat body odor and antiperspirants actually prevent sweat by blocking the ducts that release it. So our recipe won’t necessarily stop the sweat, but it most definitely does work to repel body odor.
Most people don’t know that the ingredients found in their antiperspirants, such as artificial fragrances, aluminum, and triclosan, a preservative that prevents bacteria from growing in beauty products, may cause irritation to the skin along with other issues.
What you'll need:
- ½ Cup Cocovít Coconut Oil
- ¼ Cup Cornstarch (you can use arrowroot powder if you have sensitive skin)
- ¼ Cup Baking Soda
- ¼ TSP Essential Oil
- Combine Cocovít Coconut Oil and essential oil(s)
- Add in baking soda and cornstarch (or arrowroot powder), mix until it’s completely smooth
- Transfer to a jar (if you want to apply with your hands) or an empty deodorant tube
We recommend placing the jar or deodorant tube in the freezer for 15-20 minutes after preparing to allow it to solidify. Also, store in cool place since the coconut oil has a low melting point.Shop Cocovít ~ Coconut Oil | Coconut Charcoal Face Mask | Orange + Basil Lip Balm | Essential OIls