Summer is here, which means many of us are dealing with the frizzy hair that comes with the warm weather and humidity. However, humidity doesn’t have to be your worst enemy. Just remember to give your hair a little extra love and protection. This summer it’s all about keeping your hair moisturized and protected.
Here are 5 Simple Hair Tips for Surviving the Summer!
1. Limit how often you wash you hair. Washing can lead to dry hair, so try the all natural Pure Glam Dry Shampoo on days your super dirty hair has taken over. Otherwise, wait it out by wearing your hair in braids ore updos – which are also great for protecting your hair from humidity. Plus, you'll be much cooler with your hair off your neck.
2. On days you do wash, rinse hair with cold water to help seal the ends. This will help keep out humidity. Use a microfiber towel to dry and blot hair, don’t rub. Also, don’t wrap your hair up on top of your head as this can cause damage and breakage to hair. Instead, blot gently and wrap the towel loosely around the ends at the neck.
3. Dry hair completely before leaving the house. Ever notice what happens to wet hair when you walk out into the full force of a humid, hot summer day? Frizz galore! Skip the hot tools for the season but don’t skip the blow dry! Dry from the roots down, and be sure to blast hair on the cool setting before putting the blow dryer down. Like rinsing hair with cold water after washing, blasting hair with cold air after blow drying will help seal the cuticles and protect humidity from creeping up on your tresses!
4. Use Pure Glam Replenishing Serum after styling to help lock in added moisture. This all natural product works great to combat and tame frizzy hair. The Jojoba, Coconut and Sunflower Oils in this amazing serum moisturizes and repairs while leaving you hair soft and shiny. Keep some in your handbag while on the go for quick touch ups!
5. Going to the beach? Protect your hair with a leave in conditioner. A good leave in conditioner will set you up for an extra good hair day the following day. Leaving your hair feeling soft, smooth and frizz-free!
Now, what are you waiting for? Get out and enjoy summer before it’s gone. Just don’t forget to treat your hair to a little extra TLC during the next few months to keep it healthy and looking it’s best when fall finally comes back around!