If you’re looking for a fast and easy vegetable side dish that is sure to impress, look no further than these 15 Minute Lemony Grilled Artichokes. They’re a guaranteed crowd pleaser and they’re also a cinch to make at home... And yes, this completely counts towards all that clean eating you’ve been doing these days. Plus, for this salad you’ll only need to allocate 15 minutes to cooking. That’s lunch or dinner on the table in 15 minutes flat!
Grilled Artichokes with Lemon
Servings 2 - 4
- 1 lemon
- 2 artichokes
- 1 - 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & black pepper
- Trim stems of artichokes and tops (approximately 1 inch). Cut artichokes in half and use a pairing knife to remove the fuzzy purple section at the heart of the artichokes.
- Place artichoke halves in a microwave safe bowl and cover with a paper towel. Steam in the microwave for 3 - 6 minutes (this will depend on the size of your artichokes). Beginning checking for doneness after 3 minutes. The heart of the artichoke should be easily pierceable with a fork and the leaves should be pliable.
- Heat a large skillet (or you can use an outdoor grill) over medium-high heat. Brush artichokes liberally on all sides with olive oil, being sure to work some of the oil between the leaves. Place artichokes cut side down in skillet and use a spatula to press down as much as possible.
- Season with freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper and allow to cook until well browned and just beginning to char, about 3 minutes. Flip artichokes over and cook on back side for 3 more minutes. Season again with salt and pepper.
- Remove artichokes from pan and plate. Zest lemon directly over artichokes. Serve warm.