Get acquainted with this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad, rich with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and feta cheese. Don't forget a six ingredient vinaigrette that’ll knock your socks off... And yes, this completely counts towards all that clean eating you’ve been doing these days. Plus, for this salad you’ll only need to allocate 15 minutes to cooking. That’s lunch or dinner on the table in 15 minutes flat!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, drained and dried
- 1 cup cubed cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cubed English cucumber
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley, stems removed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, red onions, cucumber cubes, feta cheese and parsley.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss again to combine.
- Cover the salad and let sit for 30 minutes to up to an hour so that all the ingredients are completely soaked in and the flavors combined. Serve and enjoy!